Can't boot from or see Win partition...but can use it in Fusion!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by metropolitim, Jun 30, 2009.

1. metropolitim macrumors member

I've been using my Boot Camp'd partition for well over a year, with no issues at all. (Thanks in part to you fine folks.)

Truth be told, I've wound up spending far more time on the Windows side of the boot than I have in the Mac. (A long story, but there you go.) And whenever I booted into Mac, there was my Win partition, mounted as a volume in the list of devices, ready to use as I needed. I also LOVE how easy it is to use that volume for my Windows environment in Fusion.

Then just yesterday, I lost the ability to boot into Win. For a while, the volume would still mount in Leopard...but after my most recent reboot, I can't see it at all.

I know that everything is mostly there and working fine because everything works great in Fusion. I also tried using my MBP in target mode attached to a Windows computer, where everything worked perfectly: volume instantly visible, apps and docs all working, etc.

Any thoughts about getting things back to full working order?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

This same exact thing happened to me about a month ago. I tried for two days to get the Boot Camp side working again but couldn't. I think VM Ware modified some necessary files or something. Anyway, I had to reinstalled Windows. It sucked.