Can't boot into OS X! Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macgirl89, May 24, 2012.

1. macgirl89 macrumors member

Okay, so I was trying to delete the cache on my MacBook Pro because that always makes it a bit faster (it's an almost-3-year-old computer but it still runs nearly as well as the day I got it). Anyway, it was trying to delete the items but it froze up and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't delete the 'Locum' process in Activity Monitor.

It was like this for a while so I just decided to do a hard shut-off. When I tried to boot back into OS X, the gray Apple symbol quickly turned into the universal "No" symbol. Thankfully I had a Windows partition so it proceeded to boot into that instead.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get back into OS X (I have Snow Leopard)? Or is there no hope for retrieving the data I had on there?

2. macgirl89 thread starter macrumors member

Can someone please help me? I'm not sure if I should make the trip to the Apple Store or not. I need to know if I can fix this on my own.

I appreciate any suggestions!!! :)

3. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Install OSX again. Insert your osx disk that came with the computer. This will not delete your data or apps(just dont format).