Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefferson9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
I was in settings, and i enabled iconoclasm and the wheel starting spinning like it was going to respring. But every time the wheel stopped (this is where the screen usually turns off) a new wheel started spinning again (on top of the old one) So the wheel just kept starting and stopping again and again until all you had is a full white wheel from where it kept spinning.

So i did a hard reset (sleep and home) and since its a tethered jailbreak with blackra1n, i plugged it in to boot it up. And when it usually boots, the wheel does the same thing where it spins, stops, new wheel spins, stops.. and so on. Also it keeps vibrating twice like every 5 secs (like it does one time right before it boots).

Im able to ssh in when its in this state. But itunes wont recognize it, and i cant boot it.

Someone please help!

EDIT: iphone 3gs 3.1.2 (newer bootrom) jailbroken w/ blackra1n on AT&T

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Get into DFU or recovery mode to restore.
This happened to me with iconoclasm...some kind of bug to do with per-page layouts.
had to downgrade my iconoclasm to 1.3 for it work without crashing.

jefferson9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
i cant get into dfu mode... itunes is telling me 'iphone software update server could not be contacted' everytime i try to restore

jefferson9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
finally restored in dfu mode, it wasn't connecting to itunes server because i was on a proxy. No idea what caused this though

AWD iPhone

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2009
Full restore to 3.1.3 (hopefully you have been backing up your phone) and jailbreak with spirit.... FIXED

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.