Can't boot Lion after Windows 7 has been used

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by TobiasL, Jul 24, 2011.

1. TobiasL macrumors newbie

Hi there :)

I installed Lion on my MBP 15" 2011 a few days ago. Everything went well until today, when I closed Windows 7 after a few hours of use. Now I can only get the options "Windows 7" and "Recovery HD" when I boot up - no Mac OS X Lion. Any idea how to solve this problem without reinstalling Lion?

Thanks!

2. jcoffey784 macrumors newbie

i have only used windows 7 (ultimate, x64) a handful of times now, but have not run in to this issue. which suprises me, because after the install, it restarted twice, then i did updates, restarted, updated my drive firmware (because it can only be done in windows...come on OWC !! we need a driver updater for windows, thats honestly the only reason i have windows at all !!), restarted, did windows updates, restarted, you get the picture. all in all, i have restarted between lion and win7 at least 50 times.

what where you doing prior to the problem occuring ??

3. TobiasL thread starter macrumors newbie

I was playing a game - and I've done the same both friday and saturday - so kinda weird something happened now.

4. cuestakid macrumors 68000

If you to the recovery area and open disk utility, do you see your Mac partition?

5. TobiasL thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but I can't repair the disc. I have to reinstall Lion. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who knew a solution so I didn't have to reinstall Lion. Or what could have caused the problem... Just so I don't have to reinstall Lion again some other time.