Cant boot of a cd.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ANDYOSEX, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ANDYOSEX macrumors newbie

Hi, i'm trying to run Disc Warrior but cant boot off the cd. cant burn cd's either as all i get is an error, this is through the finder and toast, everything was ok until i upped to 10.4.9. I am running an intel mac mini solo 1.5ghz. Can read cd's though.:mad:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you ever been able to boot from this version of Disk Warrior? Can you boot from the OSX discs? Any reason you're not running 10.4.10? :)

3. ANDYOSEX thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry i am running 10.4.10, i can boot with disc warrior on the macs at work, and no i cant boot with system discs either. Was fine under 10.4.9. Could it be a hardware or firmware probem??:confused:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well it could be that you have a firmware password preventing you booting from the optical drive, but since you can't burn discs and you'd probably remember putting the password on I'd say it sounds like a dead optical drive. Do you have an external hard drive or an external optical drive you could try booting from?

In the meantime, you may be able to run DiskWarrior through Target Disk Mode. Even if it can't you could use Disk Utility for some basic maintenance via this setup. Why did you need/want to run it in the first place? What were the symptoms? :)

5. John Musbach macrumors regular

What does this error say?