Can't boot Windows anymore OS X 10.6

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by onipapino, Jul 1, 2013.

1. onipapino, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013

onipapino macrumors newbie

Since i got my 27 inch imac, i always got a running windows 7 partition and now it wont boot anymore (i just rebooted in mac osx). I hold down the option key at startup, and my 2 partitions shows up (osx and win7) but when i click on the win7 one, my computer just freeze and windows won't boot... I am able to boot win7 on osx with VMware with no problem at all. I've searched many forums but i cant find the same problem anywhere. I've heard about fixing the MBR or EFI but i'm not sure how's this working. I hope someone here can help me! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm not even able to boot from the windows7 dvd, it seems like everything near windows, i won boot. Ive tried by booting from rEFIt but it freeze at the gray screen with the windows logo. I've also tried resetting the PRAM and unplugging my iMac for severals seconds but nothing work...

Edit 2: I've upgraded my iMac to 10.7, reformarted my HD to a single partition, repartitioned it with bootcamp but the problem is still there: i can't boot from the windows dvd so no install.

2. marikavs macrumors member

Can't boot Windows Anymore OS X 10.6

As I understand it, the question here should be "which BootCamp?" I don't use either 7 (Windows or OS X), but I think the Lions come with their own BootCamp for 7s (both Windows and OS X.)