Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Hi all,

I recently got an Alltel Hue (Samsung SCH-R500). It comes with Bluetooth and supports the OBEX profile (both the phone and OS X confirm this), syncs fine with my Mac, but when I try to browse the filesystem with the Bluetooth File Exchange, it connects to the phone and the app claims to have 'finished' but it doesn't show any folders or files. Attempting to send files to the phone results in a "bad request" error. I tried BitPim but it hangs when it tries to find the phone.

I got this phone on the expectation that I can load pictures and ringtones myself on it (and Alltel is known for not crippling the firmware like a certain other provider)... any tips to get it to cooperate?

Slvgx

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2006
Bringing this one back up because I'm thinking about getting a Hue and I was wondering if it can sync address book and ical stuff. I'd really like OBEX but it's not a deal breaker.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Hi, sorry to dig up such an old thread. How did you go about syncing the Hue to OS X? I'm a bluetooth phone newbie and I can't figure it out. I have my Hue paired with my Mac Pro but iSync says my phone isn't supported?

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Just to update this a little, I've never gotten my Hue to sync with iSync. Its just not possible.

However, using it as a dial-up modem (bluetooth DUN profile) is possible. It is also possible to send v-cards to the Hue (only one-by-one unfortunately).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.