Can't browse to upload files onto the Internet

pmp4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
I hope somebody can help me because I am now getting really frustrated.

Every time I try to upload an image file to a website via browser, the window appears to find the location of the file but then the beach ball starts to spin and I cannot browse to any location to choose the file. It happens using Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The only way I can come out of this is to Force Quit.

I have even left the beach ball spinning for over 4 hours and it never lets me browse to a file.

Please help before I revery back to my old ways and buy a PC.

Thanks

pmp4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
It is any website that requires me to browse to a file to upload. Several social networking sites where I have tried to change my profile picture. I did check and this behaviour is only on my profile and not my girlfriends.

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Well, it's weird that you see the same issue on 3 different browsers. The easy fix for this is to just create yourself a new profile and go on with life. The hard way to fix it is to find the root cause.

The root cause is probably some plist file or maybe even a plugin that is common among the 3 browsers. Maybe you could just remove all your plugins and try again to see if that fixes it.