Can't browse to upload files onto the Internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pmp4, Mar 4, 2014.

1. pmp4 macrumors newbie

I hope somebody can help me because I am now getting really frustrated.

Every time I try to upload an image file to a website via browser, the window appears to find the location of the file but then the beach ball starts to spin and I cannot browse to any location to choose the file. It happens using Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The only way I can come out of this is to Force Quit.

I have even left the beach ball spinning for over 4 hours and it never lets me browse to a file.

Please help before I revery back to my old ways and buy a PC.

Thanks

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

3. pmp4 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is any website that requires me to browse to a file to upload. Several social networking sites where I have tried to change my profile picture. I did check and this behaviour is only on my profile and not my girlfriends.

4. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, it's weird that you see the same issue on 3 different browsers. The easy fix for this is to just create yourself a new profile and go on with life. The hard way to fix it is to find the root cause.

The root cause is probably some plist file or maybe even a plugin that is common among the 3 browsers. Maybe you could just remove all your plugins and try again to see if that fixes it.