Can't burn duel layer DVD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 617media, May 26, 2010.

1. 617media macrumors member

I should of actually put this in the Macbook section sorry, but it relates to my MBP too so whatever.

Anyways I have to burn a large disk image (Snow Leopard) legally of course. It's like 6.5gb so I bought memorex duel layer DVD+R 6.5gb the only one available at staples....

[​IMG]

^That's my system profile of disk burning

Everytime I try to burn the disk image of 10.6 leapord it rejects the disk and ejects it.

Can someone tell me what's up??? What kind of dvds do I have to buy

2. frostiex macrumors regular

frostiex

I know I had a problem with my super drive not reading or burning DL discs and it was due to a drive problem which apple fixed under apple care for me.

3. Billydelp4 macrumors regular

I had to have the optical drive on my '07 macbook pro since it did not initialize with certain brands of optical media.

4. 617media thread starter macrumors member

So what do I do?? I need to burn the 10.6 image onto a disk

Go to a best buy or apple store or something and use a different comp?

5. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

lol snow leopard is only $30. I guess $30 is to much for a Pirate

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Memorex DL discs are horrid...I have a friend that recently went through 12 discs before one actually burned...
    Get Verbatim or any made by Tayio Yudan...they are the best...You can get them at a very good price at HERE

7. piwi macrumors regular

Superdrives are terrible at burning... I had to get a USB burner since none of my MBP could burn any affordable medias (ie not the 10$ a pop Kodak DVDs sold by Apple)

8. tlauer1 macrumors newbie

En garde!

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Taiyo Yuden doesn't make DL blanks. The best would be verb cakebox.

10. Deeya macrumors member

You can put the image on a USB thumb drive if you are trying to do an install on a different computer.

I've never had a super drive that could burn a DL disc right, either it would fail altogether, or it would only work on that computer and not in others.

I bought an 8gb flash drive for like $15, put snow leopard on it, and can install it on my machine anytime I need to. DL discs are too expensive to have them get a bad burn, do yourself a favor, and go the thumb drive route. You will even get a faster install time installing from a USB drive.