Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617media

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
I should of actually put this in the Macbook section sorry, but it relates to my MBP too so whatever.

Anyways I have to burn a large disk image (Snow Leopard) legally of course. It's like 6.5gb so I bought memorex duel layer DVD+R 6.5gb the only one available at staples....

picture2kl.png

^That's my system profile of disk burning

Everytime I try to burn the disk image of 10.6 leapord it rejects the disk and ejects it.

Can someone tell me what's up??? What kind of dvds do I have to buy

frostiex

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Calgary
I know I had a problem with my super drive not reading or burning DL discs and it was due to a drive problem which apple fixed under apple care for me.

Billydelp4

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
I should of actually put this in the Macbook section sorry, but it relates to my MBP too so whatever.

Anyways I have to burn a large disk image (Snow Leopard) legally of course. It's like 6.5gb so I bought memorex duel layer DVD+R 6.5gb the only one available at staples....

picture2kl.png

Everytime I try to burn the disk image of 10.6 leapord it rejects the disk and ejects it.

I had to have the optical drive on my '07 macbook pro since it did not initialize with certain brands of optical media.

617media

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
So what do I do?? I need to burn the 10.6 image onto a disk

Go to a best buy or apple store or something and use a different comp?

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Memorex DL discs are horrid...I have a friend that recently went through 12 discs before one actually burned...
Get Verbatim or any made by Tayio Yudan...they are the best...You can get them at a very good price at HERE

piwi

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2006
Superdrives are terrible at burning... I had to get a USB burner since none of my MBP could burn any affordable medias (ie not the 10$ a pop Kodak DVDs sold by Apple)

tlauer1

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009

picture2kl.png

En garde!

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Memorex DL discs are horrid...I have a friend that recently went through 12 discs before one actually burned...
Get Verbatim or any made by Tayio Yudan...they are the best...You can get them at a very good price at HERE

Taiyo Yuden doesn't make DL blanks. The best would be verb cakebox.

Deeya

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
You can put the image on a USB thumb drive if you are trying to do an install on a different computer.

I've never had a super drive that could burn a DL disc right, either it would fail altogether, or it would only work on that computer and not in others.

I bought an 8gb flash drive for like $15, put snow leopard on it, and can install it on my machine anytime I need to. DL discs are too expensive to have them get a bad burn, do yourself a favor, and go the thumb drive route. You will even get a faster install time installing from a USB drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.