Can't burn files to disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ecgruden, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ecgruden macrumors newbie

I'm trying to burn photos to disc but get message there is not enough memory to do so. I have deleted all extra photos and movies and files possible but message continues. Is there something I can look at on the Pro to see where all the memory is being used? Thanks, Edward

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What is the exact error message? As stated, your problem makes little sense. It probably means there isn't enough space on the writeable media to burn what you want to put on it.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Take a look at Disk Inventory X, OmniDiskSweeper or GrandPerspective to see where your HDD space went to.

Maybe the DVD is not big enough? How much data in MB or GB do you want to burn? Can you offer more details or even screenshots?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Try looking at Utilities -> Activity Monitor for your system use
    But as others have stated, it is likely referring to the memory on the media, not the Mac

5. ecgruden thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually trying to export from PS Lightroom 15 low res photos into a folder on the desktop and getting message:

Your disk “edwardgruden”, to which you are exporting images, is low on space.
    Please remove files or empty the trash to make at least 250 MB available before proceeding.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Did you right-click on the Trash and empty it?

7. ecgruden thread starter macrumors newbie

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How much free storage capacity (space) do you have on the HDD you are exporting to?

[​IMG]

Have you tried any of the applications I recommended to scan your HDD for folders/files, that take up too much space?

9. ecgruden thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded Disk Inventory X. I see everything on my harddrive and the amount of space each takes up in memory.

I'm a little hesitant to start deleting things. I do have a few questions if a few of you out there would be willing to reply. Much appreciated!

1) A file by the name of sleepimage is taking up 2G. Is this necessary or can I delete?

2) Should I delete any previous system folders? Would this effect any applications I currently run?

3) The file Sparse Disk Image Bundle takes up 16.5G. What is this and should I delete it?

Thanks to all for your help.