Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grasientus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Bit of a problem today.

I'm trying to buy Ommwriter from the Mac App Store (UK) but keep getting the error

'We could not complete your request.

There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (undefined)'

I've tried restarting the store, logging out and in again (store and Mac) and restarting the Mac but to no avail...

I downloaded a free app with no problems as a test and my last paid app was last night (purchased Braid).

Anybody got any ideas?

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
Bit of a problem today.

I'm trying to buy Ommwriter from the Mac App Store (UK) but keep getting the error

'We could not complete your request.

There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (undefined)'

I've tried restarting the store, logging out and in again (store and Mac) and restarting the Mac but to no avail...

I downloaded a free app with no problems as a test and my last paid app was last night (purchased Braid).

Anybody got any ideas?
check if the right bottom of the app store shows the uk flag

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Same problem here. Decided to download the free version off their site to test it out in any case.

grasientus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Sounds like the problem might be the app rather than the store. Might give the free version a whirl instead then.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Sounds like the problem might be the app rather than the store. Might give the free version a whirl instead then.

It's exactly the same just more sounds and backgrounds on the paid version. The functionality doesn't change regardless of version. Give them a google and there's an FAQ on their website which lets you see and hear the additions you get with the paid.

suzyq2463

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
Abilene, TX
I figured out how to buy it

After trying multiple times to download OmmWriter from the MAS, I got to work. Here's what I did: instead of clicking through to the OmmWriter detail page, I simply clicked on the buy button from the Top Paid downloads page. For whatever reason that worked.

S

Attachments

• 2011-02-04_19-45-30.png
    2011-02-04_19-45-30.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 121

grasientus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Well, I tried the free version yesterday and loved it. Used it to write a blog post last night.

I liked the idea of a few more backgrounds and sounds, plus supporting the developers so wanted to upgrade. Wanted the Mac Store option for easy updating.

Buying from Top Paid Downloads worked fine so thank you SuzyQ. And to Dalcorn for the info on the free version, and everyone else who replied. Guess the problem is that the buy link on the application's main page is broken.

One little note if you have the free version, you'll have to delete it to buy the paid version or the store will think you already have it installed...

Now I need to write some more stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.