Can't buy jailbroken Apps legally!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by GekiRed, Dec 31, 2010.

1. GekiRed macrumors regular

I recently bought a 64GB iPod Touch 4G from the US which I had shipped to me in the UK via a friend in the US.

I've since jailbroken it and installed various jailbroken Apps; some of which were available previously until "Herr Jobs" in his infinite wisdom decided that Apps of bikini-clad girls were a bad thing even though most of them were ones people paid a small fee for!:mad:

I downloaded these Apps from a certain infamous site which shall remain nameless and some of them have updates which aren't available on said certain infamous site.

I have no problem buying legitimate copies of these Apps but the main problem is that whenever I try to buy them via the App Store on my iPod Touch and I get a message saying that I'd get a discount if I buy the upgraded version, it won't let me buy them!:mad:

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem short of uninstalling the jailbroken versions of the updated Apps and buying the legitimate versions...

2. dmz macrumors regular

dmz

Someone call a Wha-a-a-ambulance!

Go legit. You answered your own question, then, un-answered it.

"I have no problem buying legitimate copies of these Apps..."

"how I can fix this problem short of... ... buying the legitimate versions..."

Now, un-jailbreak your phone so you can stop ripping off software for juvenile kicks ( oooh, boobies!!!), like you said:

"most of them were ones people paid a small fee for"

But not you, 'cause you're special.

dmz

3. GekiRed, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

GekiRed thread starter macrumors regular

Of course I'm special; I'm the founder of "The Church of the Anti-Jobs!" *points to his signature and wonders if dmz was even bothered to read said signature*

BTW, what's wrong with Boobies? Boobies are cool! [if anyone can get which show this show is a homage to, they'll have my respect!]

On another note, have you always been an unhelpful hypocrite of a troll or does it come naturally?[/sarcasm]

In case you're wondering,I have EVERY intention of uninstalling the Apps that I want to buy legally, but I have no intention on uninstalling the others; especially the ones that I paid for legally in the past and which I can't get access to any more legally.

It's like this... How would you feel paying good money for certain Apps only to find that "Herr Jobs" in his infinite wisdom has suddenly decided that these Apps are a bad thing after Apple has gotten their 30% from the sale of each App.

Also, I want to keep my iPod Touch unbroken because I want to use Cydia Apps like WiFi Sync and WinterBoard.

Before I forget, I do have a lot of legitimate Apps including RxmindMe which I use for my Epilepsy medication so don't accuse me of having all my Apps be jailbroken ones as the majority of them are legit ones downloaded from the App Store!

Look at it this way, if you want your iPod Touch to look as generic as the millions of others; be my guest, but I'd rather be a rebel than a person who's willing to be one of the iPod Touch owners afraid of change...

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

Why even buy an iPod Touch like the millions of other sheep and continue to line God Jobs' pockets when you could buy some other device and give Steve-O the finger?:confused:

5. GekiRed thread starter macrumors regular

May I say that you have a very good point there, but at the same time there's a lot of Apps on iOS which aren't available on Android, especially my Epilepsy medication reminder App which has been a godsend to me, especially as I had a seizure a couple of weeks ago which put me in hospital!:(

At the end of the day, I bought the product, so surely I should be able to do what I want with it within reason.