Can't buy songs in iTunes anymore?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pondosinatra, Oct 4, 2013.

1. pondosinatra macrumors 6502

Running iTunes 10.6.3.

I've never upgraded as I didn't want to lose the internet radio functionality it had....

Anyways, as of a couple days ago I was able to buy songs off the Store - but now today I can't. No error or anything. I just click on the buy button but nothing happens.

Store glitch? Or have they now forced people to upgrade if they want to buy any more songs?

2. pondosinatra thread starter macrumors 6502

3. forlexer macrumors newbie

I have pretty much the same issue. I'm running the same version, and cannot update because of my current OS. I just want to be able to buy music again is all -.-

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

[[ Running iTunes 10.6.3.
    I've never upgraded as I didn't want to lose the internet radio functionality it had....]]

I'm using OS 10.8.5, and iTunes version 11.0.2.

It has the same "internet radio functionality" that previous versions had.

That is to say, it will list a bunch of streaming internet radio stations, and play them as desired. Listening to it as I type this.

5. pondosinatra thread starter macrumors 6502

So they brought it back then? My understanding is that with version 11 it had been removed.

6. pondosinatra, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

pondosinatra thread starter macrumors 6502

Upgraded iTunes to 10.7 and still doesn't work :mad:

7. pondosinatra, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

pondosinatra thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok....I came up with a workaround. Note you can't do this on any device running iOS7 - iTunes will complain you have to upgrade.

Basically purchase/download the song onto an iPad or iPhone. Connect the device to your Mac, tell it to Transfer Purchases which will copy the song onto iTunes.

Yay!

8. fearzify macrumors newbie

i have the same issue with itune's buy button for past few days, but today the button is working again, i guess that was just temporary server fail.
    now i can purchase music from itunes again :)

fyi, i'm using mac os 10.5.8 & itunes 10.6.3 with default setting.
    sorry for my english... :)

9. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

It works on my end...I have an iphone 5 and 5s and both work fine. Maybe it is a glitch outside of the US?? Does it work now?

10. pondosinatra thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya it started working again after a few days...

I actually upgraded today just to shut up the nag messages.

I hate the new interface, piss poor design. Seems like Apple loves to abandon every tenant of interface design with each new release. If you click on something, there should be a easy way of going back to where you were (like, I dunno, a Back button) and not be forced to click on some other menu to start all over again :rolleyes:

Or when you click on the album art it gives you the X close option, right under it is a square that says 'switch back from mini-player' - which effectively is the exact same thing! So why show two interface elements instead of one then???