Can't change AT&T Fedex dropoff?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Discobob, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Discobob macrumors newbie

This is the first carrier preorder I've done, so forgive the question. I don't have the option to tell FedEx to hold it at the shipping center instead, which is right by my house. Is that normal? It would be way easier than waiting all day Friday.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2017 ---
    Called FedEx, no deal. :(

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

It's normal. They want to make a delivery attempt. You might be able to leave a note on your door telling the driver to leave it (if you want that). Otherwise You can possibly pick it up at the depot after the delivery attempt. Last option is to sign the note they leave on your door to have them leave it the next day. Good luck.

3. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Yup this happened to me before, they said they had to make a first attempt. I think I had my neighbor sign for it.

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

My friend is a FedEx driver and I asked him and he says AT&T usually doesn't require a signature. Verizon on the other hand does.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I guess it depends. Usually you can request a hold for pick up even before they attempt first delivery. I had no problem doing this with when fedex delivered my iPhone in the past and was able to request a pick up at the FedEx ship and print office near me. Never even did a first attempt. It could be possible that att isn’t allowing it. Not sure since I mainly order stuff from apple.com. So that could be different.

contact Fedex and see what they say. Otherwise you may need to contact ATT to see if they can lift off that restriction?