Can't change Avatar

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I was trying to upload a replacement avatar for the original iMac as its a Tuesday and I feel like a change ;).

I was trying to re-upload my Canadian Lake picture as a new avatar and it keeps failing to upload. Either the server fails to respond or I get the following error message:

Code:
Fatal error: Direct Instantiation of vB_Image_Abstract prohibited. in /includes/class_image.php on line 190
The avatar was used before so it should be under the size limit, and I have tried it in both Camino and Safari 3 beta. Why is this?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Oh, crud.

I ran into the same issue, and, even worse, the process I went through involved deleting your current 'tar as well. :eek:

I'll note this issue elsewhere and will see what can be done to rectify it ASAP.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Oh, crud.

I ran into the same issue, and, even worse, the process I went through involved deleting your current 'tar as well. :eek:

I'll note this issue elsewhere and will see what can be done to rectify it ASAP.
That's just shoddy work. Punch in the junk for you too! :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Our man Knox is on the case. There is some inter-god communication required, after which a fix should be completed. In the meantime, my apologies to Eraserhead. Perhaps you should say that your 'tar is, in fact, a picture of all of the smart people who hate Macs.
That's just shoddy work. Punch in the junk for you too! :D
Only if you deliver it personally.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Our man Knox is on the case. There is some inter-god communication required, after which a fix should be completed. In the meantime, my apologies to Eraserhead.

Don't worry about it, I don't mind going naked* for a bit.

(*=on the forums ;))

Perhaps you should say that your 'tar is, in fact, a picture of all of the smart people who hate Macs.
LOL, I think that would make quite a good sig for the time being :D.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Hey. I just gained Avatar status, but how does one add an Avatar? I was able to get to my Avatar option, but there didn't seem to be any way in uploading one. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, it just takes time =)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Hey. I just gained Avatar status, but how does one add an Avatar? I was able to get to my Avatar option, but there didn't seem to be any way in uploading one. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, it just takes time =)
Wait a bit, it takes a little while.

Edit: I see you just found that out. ;) :D

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
Can those who were getting the Fatal Error when uploading avatars/profile pictures try now? I can upload myself now so hopefully should be fixed.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Can those who were getting the Fatal Error when uploading avatars/profile pictures try now? I can upload myself now so hopefully should be fixed.
Yup the upload is working, the old one is back looking stretched, but as soon as the new avatar is uploaded to the forums I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Hmm I have uploaded 2 avatars. Uploads went fine. And they show up just fine in the avatar page of vBulletin. But they never seem to update on any forum pages. Just the same old Homer avatar.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The updates just take a little while. I'm seeing the helmet now. The logo-only one should appear next to your posts within the next couple of hours.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Hmm I have uploaded 2 avatars. Uploads went fine. And they show up just fine in the avatar page of vBulletin. But they never seem to update on any forum pages. Just the same old Homer avatar.
Change it back your making me sick.