Can't change background pic in newest Winterboard....why?....help pls...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by STC, Nov 26, 2008.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

I upgraded to 2.2 and jailbroke last night no problem. The only app I dl'd from Cydia was Winterboard. I don't dl themes as I use the "User Wallpaper" option. Last night I saw I can't change the wallpaper on the springboard (icons screen) unless I go to Winterboard and restart the springboard.

Heres the thing - I can change the wallpaper on the lock screen no problem and on the springboard wallpaper can change ONLY if i go into Winterboard and restart the springboard. On previous Winterboards I was able to go into "my pictures", pick a picture, and change the springboard no problem.

Anyone exp this?

btw - I'm on Jailbroken 2.2 w/ Winterboard 0.9.2636-1.

2. SimplyBlue macrumors member

Is the "User Wallpaper" option on the top of the list in Winterboard? If you are using a custom theme, you can also manually put a wallpaper.png file into it's folder.

3. docprego macrumors 65816

Mine did this too and then it mysteriously started working correctly. Maybe there is a small bug? For those who know is the normal behavior of Winterboard such that when you select the user wallpaper option it will switch your wallpaper over as soon as you set a new lock screen wallpaper without respringing?

4. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was. Also the "user locked wallpaper" was unchecked. I did fix this last night I ssh'd to var/mobile/library and deleted "LockBackground.jpg".

5. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, once you select a new wallpaper it will respring.

6. bradenwh macrumors 6502

No it doesn't. When you select a new wallpaper, the phone does not respring.

7. STC thread starter macrumors 6502a

ahh you're right. Sorry.

8. docprego macrumors 65816

I have found this feature to be highly unreliable. Sometimes I had to go into WB and deselect and then select again the user wallpaper option to get it to change. As I mentioned earlier it is now working correctly for me, but I am not sure why.

9. xsouldeath macrumors newbie

my winterboard died..i.e. no matter what i do i cant get a backgruond picture behind my icons... after installing the windows 7 theme, im thinking maybe because that theme wasnt designed for 3.0 or something..

one reason for jailbreak is to get those custom backgrounds, any ideas other than restoring?

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Have you tried switching to a different theme, one you know for a fact works?

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yea, I'm having first time background pix issues with WB also. Just re-JB under 3.1 and WB will not display my theme wallpaper. Did work fine with Wb and 3.0 ??

Even tried the user wallpaper idea, moved to top of stack, no go.

Lockscreen wallpaper does work.