Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
I know this is trivial but I tried to change the lock screen wallpaper, and it says that I have one selected . I have tested this with several and whatever I press set and then set lock screen, is pops up that is saving the photo but the lock screen is still black.

What am I missing here? (sorry, I haven't had an iPhone since 3G, so I'm out of loop)

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Good, I'm not the only one! I set it, it seemed to "take" a couple of times and now it's black. I check the settings and it shows the one I had selected. I powered it off and back on, the wallpaper flashed for about a second and now is all black. Odd...

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Its working fine now, at least at the moment but earlier, it wouldn't change no matter what I did.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Its working fine now, at least at the moment but earlier, it wouldn't change no matter what I did.

I think I figured out why - if I have it plugged into my computer and turn it on, I get no wallpaper. If I unplug it and turn it on, the wallpaper is there.

Garrett67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
I think I figured out why - if I have it plugged into my computer and turn it on, I get no wallpaper. If I unplug it and turn it on, the wallpaper is there.

Hmmmmm, That is probably it since I was browsing on my iMac and most likely had the phone plugged in.

Good catch.

muerte83

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Hey guys, i know it's three months since the last post but I thought I'd ask here rather than start a whole new thread.

I've recently experienced this as well. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I did use ifile on the phone to delete themes I wasn't using and lockcreens that weren't working.

Now I can't set a lockscreen from wallpaper or lockscreens from cydia. Theme's with their own lockscreens do work and the removeclock setting works as well but everytime i set a lockscreen I get the black background.

EDIT: I just tried the CityView lockscreen and it works. Other lockscreens that previously worked, still don't.

Qrious

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
I had this issue before. Actually there was no problem. The wallpaper you set will work. The problem is you won't see it if you are plugged in to the computer or using the charger. When plugged in you will see the battery charge icon only. Once you plugged out, you will see the wallpaper you set.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.