Can't change my Wallpaper!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by POWERCOM, Sep 12, 2008.

1. POWERCOM macrumors member

POWERCOM

So I jailbreaked my ipod touch 8gig (1st gen) 2 months ago and a few days later I un-jailbreaked it (went back to the original Apple software with the restore button in iTunes),

and since that day I can't change my background image on my iPod touch... why? Everytime I choose "set as wallpaper" it loads and then it says "wallpaper changed" (or summin like that) but I still have the same wallpaper I got before?

This sucks I dunno what's wrong with my touch I would be happy if ya could help me.

Thanks in advance

But the dumb thing is, that it's JUST the wallpaper, everything else works. So what's wrong? Why can't I change my wallpaper..

2. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

SAME HERE! But my iPod touch is still jailbroken on 1.1.4. It's very annoying. I don't know what to do.

3. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

damn so I'm not the only one with that problem. I wish I never jailbroke my touch. I want to change my wallpaper goddamn. :eek:

4. Slyone macrumors member

Hi the one of the things you can do is to restore your ipod touch with the custom ipsw that you used to pwn it i have had the same problem and havent had any luck with other things. if you have winterboard installed try uninstallin that then trying your wallpaper

5. YodaEXE macrumors member

I've got a brand new 2nd gen Touch and it never has changed the background of anything but the lock screen. Is it supposed to change more than that? I've never jailbroken my Touch or anything.

6. Slyone macrumors member

not unlesss you have jailbroken it the wallpaper will only change the lock screen

7. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

no, yours is exactly like it is suppose to be.

8. GanXta macrumors newbie

Its because you need Winterboard on the firmware 2.X.X and Summerboard on 1.X.X, in order to set the Springboard's wallpaper.

9. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

Yeah a have summerboard and there is no such thing as winterboard on my installer. I've tried customize too but it's not working. I also have reset the iPod and nothing.

10. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

What is ipsw??

And like I said before I restored my iPod touch back to Apples firmware (1.1.4) and it still didn't changed the wallpaper.

11. Slyone macrumors member

iPod Software = ipsw

Soooooooo...... What i would sugest is to restore your ipod again but when itunes asks you how you want to set it up set it up as a new ipod and go through all the steps to get your data back on and see how that goes.

Also i would seriously think about about upgrading to the new 2.1 Software for the ipod touch

12. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

Can't upgrade to 2.1 my father would kill me when I use his credit card. I don't think that it will work on 2.1 too.

13. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

this is also happening to me. I had a jailbroken Touch then I restored and updated to 2.1. I believe the problem is I used my previously back up ipod settings which permanently locked the image.

Restore and set the ipod up as new, that way you can change your unlock screen as you please. I am very lazy about doing this right now as I have 14gb of music to resync!

14. GanXta macrumors newbie

Ernest or anyone on 1.1.5 or lower, download Summerboard from installer or Cydia. Restart your Ipod Touch or Iphone and open up SMBPrefs. Somewhere in there in advanced I believe, choose Set Wallpaper to on and disable theme's wallpaper. Then, whatever your unlock screen's image is, is also your Springboard's.

Anyone on 2.1 or 2.0.2 or lower, download Winterboard. Then open Winterboard and check User Wallpaper. Now your unlock screen's image is your Springboard's.

15. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

I just tried both SMBprefs and changing it through customize every way possible and still no change.

Does anyone know if I get a free version of firmware 2.0 off the internet will itunes give me 2.1 for free thinking I bought 2.0?

Sorry for kinda hijacking your thread but I do have the same problem as you and this would be a solution both of us can try.

16. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

It's ok lol ask whatever you want here I do the same often, too :D

Well I did it like GanXta described it and still no change -.-

what can we do now? Write a letter to steve jobs lmfao.

17. GanXta macrumors newbie

Try setting the permissions of LockBackground.jpg in /private/var/mobile/Library to 777.

18. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

Yep, itunes will update you to the latest 2.1 software, word of advice however when you restore, do not use your old settings, instead set up ipod as new. This allows you full control of your lock screen.

19. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

How do I do that?

And where can I get the 2.0 software 4 free?

20. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

21. GanXta macrumors newbie

You have to SSH in with something like WinSCP.

You can download the 2.0 or 2.1 firmware from here. Just hold shift and hit restore in Itunes to browse for the ipsw.
    http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

22. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

This doesn't work with iTunes 8 :( Can't select the firmware I downloaded when holding Shift while clicking on restore...

23. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

Now this is ****ing lame: It works for everyone even for the people who use iTunes 8. When I am holding shift and clicking restore it doesn't let me choose the firmware.. i cant choose anything it just restores... now what can I do?

24. POWERCOM thread starter macrumors member

POWERCOM

Ok guys everything worked.. the problem was that everytime i restored my iPod i used the backup(s) ... I've choosen "setup as a new ipod" this time and it worked :) can change my wallpaper how often I want.. oh and I made that free 2.0 hack and got 2.1 now. this is pretty amazing.

Thanks again guys.