Can't change resolution in Win8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SolarShane, Oct 29, 2014.

1. SolarShane, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

SolarShane macrumors 6502

I've installed Windows 8.1 onto my brand-new Mac mini, and I cannot change the resolution without it going into "snow mode".

I'm also having problems with the internal speakers. System Sounds are coming through, but Chrome isn't.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Did you install Apple's Boot Camp support software after installing Windows?

3. SolarShane thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the first thing I did.

4. Henk Poley macrumors regular

Why do you want to change the resolution? If it is for vision problems, it's better to change the screen DPI that windows uses. It's under "Make text and other items larger or smaller" in the screen resolution settings.

You probably went into the mixer, and set the volume for applications really low. Press the speaker icon and hit the link 'Mixer' at the bottom. Side them all the way up, then adjust how you want them.

5. J232022, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

J232022 macrumors member

Over the years I have learned apple makes poor Windows software , The bootcamp drivers do not work good and I really recommend you try installing Windows in virtualbox it is free . You could also try installing in Vmware Fusion or Parallels but you will have to pay for those two programs . I thought Vmware made a free program called Vmware Player but that is only for Windows and Linux .