Can't change song's info from iTunes for iDevice?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JohnPyn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JohnPyn macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I've been trying for several days to change song's info through iTunes for my iPhone 4s (jailbroken on iOS 7.0.4). I've looked everywhere, tried virtually everything but I can't seem of being able to do this.

I'm trying more specifically to change the album name of some of the songs I have, in iTunes the name is correct but on my iPhone it's not, whether I write the actual name of the album or I don't write anything it always shows as "Unknown Album". I tried deleting the songs from the device and tried to drag all of them again but nothing, same problem, I tried to change album artwork (it works half of the times) but when it does work album is always unknown on the phone, I tried to change the name of the artist and the album at the same time, first artist then album (artist name did change, album didn't), still nothing, still same problem.

Please help me, I've really tried everything I could think of and find on the internet but nothing worked. Even a tweak that could help me do this will be perfect. I'll be incredibly kind to anyone that can help me, thanks.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Are you subscribed to iTunes Match by any chance?

3. JohnPyn thread starter macrumors member

Uhm... Honestly I'm not sure... How can I check that? I shouldn't be though since I don't even know what it does... I've tried editing the info on a pc (just right clicking and edit) and it worked like a charm but I still can't on mac, thanks for helping me out

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iTunes match is a $24.99/year service by Apple that uploads your library to the cloud so you can download it at any time directly to your device.

5. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Did you try deleting the song(s) from the iPhone and putting them back after modifying the info?

6. JohnPyn thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I most definitely don't have iTunes match because I'm positive I don't pay any subscription ^^ Thank you very much mKTank, it did work! I had tried deleting songs and then putting them back but not before changing the info and putting them back with same info because I did not have them in my iTunes library and I didn't think of putting them there and then changing the info there, thanks a lot!
    Although, I wonder, if I put in iTunes library music that has different name, how can I see it all "together" "one next to the other" when it comes to selecting all and changing info for all of them?