Can't change startup disk to Mac OSX

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Slinkington, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Slinkington macrumors member

Slinkington

Hi there

I'm on Windows 7 running through boot camp right now and when I try to change my start-up disk through the boot camp application on Windows 7, it tells me It can't as:

"An error occurred while trying to change the startup disk.

You may have not have privileges to change the startup disk. Make sure you have administrative privileges and try again."

I'm listed as the computer administrator in Windows, and am the only user. Any ideas?

2. simsaladimbamba

Restart the computer and right after the startup sound chimes, press and hold OPTION/Alt to get the boot selection screen and select Mac OS X and when booted into Mac OS X go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the volume you want to start from automatically.

I know, that does not solve your Windows side of the problem, but it should get the jib done too.

3. Slinkington thread starter macrumors member

Slinkington

Ahh, thank you. It doesn't really matter which side I do it from, was just curious about it. I didn't know where to find the option in OS X, so thanks for letting me know. :)