Cant change wallpaper on iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gunnersluver, Aug 7, 2010.

1. gunnersluver macrumors newbie

I jailbroke the phone, installed Winterboard then checked the user wallpaper but no luck, the background stays black it only changes the lock screen wallpaper...I can use themes though but it slows down my phone so I was wondering if theres an easier way to enable user wallpaper without having to access openssh and editing it or whatever cuz last time I tried that I had to restore my phone and start all over again. Would really be nice if someone knows an easier way to change the background instead of using themes...

2. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Winterboard? I remember this back when I JB my 3G. I won't do that again. But Winterboard was a great app for changing just the background.

3. gunnersluver thread starter macrumors newbie

4. michaelfields macrumors regular

did you install any backgrounds from cydia?

5. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

6. gunnersluver thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed some Wallpaper packs or whatever and I saved them to my photos app and then tried changing the wallpaper but it stays black (only changes the lock screen wallpaper). I can only change the backround wallpaper using themes via Winterboard but that slows down the phone so I still can't figure out how to change the wallpaper

Doesn't work I tried that a week ago

7. gunnersluver thread starter macrumors newbie

Eh never mind I found a solution
    thanks anyway

8. akasch macrumors regular

What was your solution? I know that the winterboard background doesn't work on a 3g with ios4

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

My iPhone 3G is jailbroken. This is what you do. Super simple.

Under Cydia, download zToggle, it will toggle on the built-in ability to change it. :)

10. gunnersluver thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually its easy you just go to Cydia and then look up iFile and install it then go to the directory which is /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ Find and open the file N82AP.plist then click on edit and add this

<key>multitasking</key>
    <true/>
    <key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>
    <true/>

After that hit save then finish and reboot the phone. Once it powers back up you should have the OS 4 Multitasking and Background wallpaper features, it works perfectly... No need for crappy Winterboard anymore.

Thanks but I already found a solution :)