Can't change wallpaper on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DJRiful, Jul 20, 2011.

1. DJRiful macrumors newbie

DJRiful

Wow... I am unable to switch wallpapers... what is up with Lion...

2. sbehr macrumors newbie

Same problem here on a recently purchased Air. What is up...

3. uncle.zed macrumors member

uncle.zed

Me too`!!! WTF??? iMac 2011 with SnowL and than Lion.. Cant change wallpeper, size ect...

anyone???

4. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

you can, but I found out that you actually have to log out and log back in to get the change

5. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

odd i don't
    its another bug my finder bugged on me had to delete its plist

6. GTANJ macrumors member

I got a new 13" MBP about a week ago and I haven't had this problem. I can change my background just fine. Has anybody had this problem with a MacBook Pro?

7. tmagman macrumors 6502

yep had this problem briefly with my 2010 15". I would set the background and it would be shown as changed in the settings, but no change would occur. A restart fixed the problem. Had it happen to me couple more times and since then its been fine.

This ranks right up there with the instant screensaver which just randomly kicks in mid work (or even mid sentence- just did it to me as i was typing this), no matter what you change the settings to or delete the screensaver plists. Clean install is in order I believe.

8. GTANJ macrumors member

Maybe it's a problem with Lion and older hardware?

9. tmagman macrumors 6502

not from what I've heard. I've heard of 2011 model users having this problem, and other 2010 users not having this problem at all. A fresh hard drive and a clean install probably will get rid of it according to the genius i talked to. (i was planning on upgrading to an SSD as part of this anyways)

10. mape2k macrumors regular

I had this problem a while ago on my early 2011 15". Also, I could not see my background blurry when in Launch Pad and no Desktops would show when I was in Mission control. What fixed it for me temporarily was to switch from integrated to discrete graphic cards one time, after that everything was OK.

Since a couple of days the problem seems to be gone, miraculously.

11. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

I had this problem when I was trying out 10.7. Fixed it with a clean install but strange how it still effects new laptops running lion.