Can't Change Wallpaper with 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jeeves87, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Jeeves87 macrumors newbie

I hope this hasn't come up anywhere yet, but I used to run my Ipod Touch with 1.1.4 jailbroken but decided to go legit with 2.0. I'm enjoying it so far but recently realized I am unable to change my wallpaper at my lock screen. It is the same wallpaper I had set back when using customize with my Jailbroken Touch. Is there any way for me to fix this? I would really like to be able to change my wallpaper. Thanks.

2. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Ouch. Had that issue with Customize not applying different wallpapers back on 1.1.4 Jailbreak. You should have restored it back on 1.1.4 jailbroken so that the jailbreak was erased (Else you could have ended up with a VERY bricked Touch!!) THEN upgraded it to 2.0. And not from a backup either, as a new iPod. You could try to restore to 2.0 and start fresh but if that doesn't work then follow this...

It turned out to be a simple fix but complicated to find. Also assuming you are using a PeeCee running XPee.
    - You will have to go back to 1.1.4 Jailbroken. I assume you know how to do this.
    - Install OpenSSH from Installer, also WinSCP (Google it) onto the PeeCee, login to it with username 'root' password 'alpine' without quotes.
    - Search the iPod Touch for 'LockBackground.jpg' or similar until you find it.
    - Make a backup 1st. Then delete it.
    - Log off WinSCP, and reboot the Touch by holding the sleep button till it says slide to power off.
    - Turn the Touch back on. Lock background should now be back to default (I think it's the world pic). The Touch automatically recognises this is missing & recreates it with the default pic when this happens.
    - Change it via Setting - Wallpaper or using a photo from Photos to your hearts content.

Hope this helps you.
    If it doesn't let me know.

Best,
    SuperMacMan