Can't change wallpaper

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Packersfan27, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

hi,

I just got customize 2.0 and was trying to unistall a theme. And now I can't change my wallpaper or my background (i can change between my stuck wallpaper and normal black though. Please help.

2. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. woodtrain54 macrumors newbie

yeah this has happened to me a few times. Sometimes in customize if you change the lockscreen wallpaper it will stay there even after you change the theme. You'll have to SSH into the phone and delete the wallpaper. I think it was just in the mobile category and then at the bottom. You'll find it, it should just be called lockscreenwallpaper. Just double click to make sure thats it and delete it. you should be fine after that.

4. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok Thanks

I'm just wondering though, is this the only way? Is there another way that can be done from the iphone?

5. woodtrain54 macrumors newbie

im not sure. one of the file browsing apps could probably do it, but I dont like to mess with that too much. SSH is pretty easy, and the lockwallpaper is easy to find and delete.

6. phuong macrumors 6502a

7. fragznet macrumors newbie

Actualy, you don't need to delete it, but just give it the proper "write" permission. The file is /private/var/mobile/library/LockBackground.jpg.

You need to give it the following permission : 666 (rw rw rw)

You can do so by using a software like WinSCP (on a PC) or Transmit (on a Mac)

8. wolfgames macrumors newbie

Fragznet, You mentioned the app for mac, Transmit. Do you have a link to the download or can you tell us where to find this application?

9. jeffmc macrumors 6502