Can't charge rMBP, what are my options?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roharia, Dec 22, 2012.

1. roharia macrumors newbie

I have a water damaged 15" rMBP, everything works fine and dandy except that it will not charge. Maybe it's the charger? The battery? The cable that connects the battery feeding power to the system? No idea. I can only use it if it's plugged in which is a HUGE bummer for me. I have Apple Care, but Apple obviously won't help me. I tried and they didn't, I don't think a different rep would make a difference :(. I know I messed up, but I've come to accept that fact at this point. I was wondering if there is anything I could try/fix/replace to get the charging working again? If there was water damage to the logic board wouldn't everything else stop to work as well? Theres gotta be something to try.. please help!

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

3. roharia thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think replacing the battery would fix this?

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I would have to go with 'I don't know'. I've never remedied this issue by replacing the battery on the computer. It can't hurt to try.

5. roharia thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think Apple would replace my battery under Apple Care even though I have definitely tripped my liquid damage sensors?

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Not necessarily. The interface between the battery and the logic board or the circuitry involved on the logic board could be fried.

----------

They'll probably see the corrosion that's undoubtedly there already and quote you a price to fix. Just a FYI, it's not "fine and dandy". Just sayin.