Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RemE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
So after 5 years of using Apple watches, Apple just decides to remove a feature I use more than any other. Normally you can swipe down, look at notifications, then "force touch" the screen and "Clear All" messages.

Apple just turned that off, now you must dismiss every single message individually. I use to be pissed at Microsoft for changing things for no good reason but Apple seemed to be better at not screwing with core functionality.

I could not be more annoyed! I called Apple and they verified that this has been changed.

Do you all like this?

And while I'm on a rant. I fly things, I am always tracking wind conditions. The Apple watch wind complication was really handy in that it showed wind speed, direction, AND had a "compass rose", the small arrow pointing the wind direction. This was super useful to check at a glance. That was until Apple removed the arrow, for no good reason, it just vanished in a later update. I fricken hate it when small but useful details are deleted, why pull this crap?

Last edited by a moderator:

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I got it where literally the only thing that shows up in notification center at all is messages/missed calls. And often that's just one I get in one day. So it doesn't affect me.

Contrasting to my Samsung Gear S3, which just got an update that added a swipe up to clear all feature which is more handy on it since it notifies me about just everything in the world.

However, I have blocked all updates to Apple Watch so I'm still on 6.1.1. Again, I'm immune. I chose to update the Samsung watch to get Bixby (because S-Voice sucked)

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I've dealt with things changing for the worst after updates. So I simply stopped doing updates.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I could not be more annoyed! I called Apple and they verified that this has been changed.
This seems rather unlikely given that this function works fine for everyone else, including me.
I’d suggest you call Apple again.

G.McGilli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Was just able to try this - latest AW Software - and I am able to get the CLEAR ALL prompt by long-pressing a notification.

Never knew this shortcut before!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.