Can't click anything, trackpad broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wells190, May 23, 2013.

1. Wells190 macrumors newbie

I know this subject has been bought up a lot of times on here. But there's a few specific things that I'd like to ask.

I can't click anything. I can move my cursor around, but my MacBook won't respond when I try to click something. When I start up my MacBook, the CD drive makes a noise as if it's trying to eject, so I'm thinking the trackpad might be stuck on being held down as you can eject a disc on start up by holding down the trackpad button.

At first I thought it might be broken, but I've tried using a USB mouse and still can't click anything so I'm not sure. The apple logo in the task bar with the drop down list is highlighted on start up as well. I've read that this can be a sign that the battery is dying. So I really don't know what's going on.

If I could, I'd enable tap to click for now. But obiviously there's no way to get into preferences. Is there any keyboard shortcut for the mouses' left click? That would be the ideal way to get there.

I'm thinking I should just buy a new keyboard topcase and hope for the best. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks.