Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Whenever typing something and that little pop-up suggestion thing comes up, when I click on it, nothing ever happens. Is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Tried that, made no difference.

I take it you're having the same problem as the OP? If so, and where the OP writes that "nothing ever happens", what does that mean exactly? Does the auto-correction bubble just stay there or does it go away? Does the typed word change or does it stay as you typed it?

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I take it you're having the same problem as the OP? If so, and where the OP writes that "nothing ever happens", what does that mean exactly? Does the auto-correction bubble just stay there or does it go away? Does the typed word change or does it stay as you typed it?

For me, the pop-up just disappears after clicking on it, though it doesn't change the text on screen.

----------

I just tried turning on and off that setting and it still doesn't work.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
For me, the pop-up just disappears after clicking on it, though it doesn't change the text on screen.

Okay, got it. Tapping on the auto-correction bubble tells the phone that you want to decline the suggestion. If you want to accept it, just keep typing or tap anywhere in the text field that you're typing in.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Okay, got it. Tapping on the auto-correction bubble tells the phone that you want to decline the suggestion. If you want to accept it, just keep typing or tap anywhere in the text field that you're typing in.

Oh, interesting. I just switched over from Android and it worked completely the opposite.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.