cant close computer with ialertu

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sw0160, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sw0160 macrumors newbie

I downloaded ialertu and its a pretty cool application but when i close it the alarm goes off. And yes i unchecked the close computer box in the preferences.

Also the email picture function doesnt apper to be working.

Any help is appreciated.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I think the point is that the alarm goes off when it closes, otherwise a prospective thief could just shut the computer and in doing so prevent the alarm from sounding at all. You should deactivate the alarm before closing the computer.

3. sw0160 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Well my idea was i would close it and if anyone opened it, it would go off. Is that possible.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I don't think so, and I don't see the point if you're actually looking for a piece of software to deter theft. By the time the thief opens your computer again, they will be far away and possibly somewhere private where the noise won't disturb the neighbours.

5. sw0160 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well im not trying to deter theft as much as my sister who tends to open my computer and mess with things but i see what your saying thanks for the help

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Ah.

In that case, talk to her or just put a password on the computer.

7. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

email the developer... maybe he could add an option to delay the activation, giving you enough time to set the alarm, then close the lid before the alarm is actually armed.