iPhone Can't compose email from Contacts....

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chudiddy, Mar 26, 2015.

1. chudiddy macrumors newbie

So I am not sure if this is a known issue and I tried to search but came up empty. I have confirmed this on both Iphone 6 & 6+ both running 8.2. The iphone 6 is Verizon and Iphone 6+ is ATT (Just in case that is relevant). If I open my contacts from the springboard, choose a contact, then proceed to email, it opens up the email template, i type a subject and a test message but it won't allow me to send. The "send" is grayed out. I did a hard reset and it still did not work.

I can however compose an email and send if I do it from the Mail app, this is on both phones. I can also reply to emails sent to me as well.

Can someone help me with this issue. Sorry if this has been covered but I don't post much on here and like I said, I did a search but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, seeing similar behavior. It seems like it's somehow not seeing who it is sending the email to (the "From" part) even though you selected the particular person/email, and that's why the "Send" is not activated--if you tap in the "From" area you will see it will become blank as if the selected email address isn't actually there, and if you put it in again then it will retain it and the "Send" button will be active.