Can't compose new email in 3G since iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iamshopping, Jul 28, 2010.

1. iamshopping macrumors newbie

I haven't been able to compose a new email since I updated my 3G to the iOS4. I am receiving emails just fine but when I touch the compose (or create) icon, the icon briefly lights up and then does nothing. I've gone through every setting on the phone and can't figure out if there is anything I can change. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve? Thanks, in advance.

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

First thing I would try is to delete the account and recreate it.

3. xdext3r macrumors newbie

iOS4 runs horribly slow on the 3G ... downgrade to iOS3 or call apple support and get them to ship you a new phone with OS3.x installed on it. And dont upgrade ...

4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I have iOS4.0.1 on my 3G, and while there are some slow points, I wouldn't say it runs horribly slow. I also have no problems with the mail app or sending mail from any of my accounts, so it is not an iOS4 issue.

If the 3G is not in warranty, the cost of a replacement phone would be almost as much as a new iPhone 4, so it doesn't make sense to do what you suggest.

5. iamshopping thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi again - I just tried to delete the account and recreate it...to no avail. The compose email won't work when I touch an email address in contacts either. It WILL work, if I touch an email address on a website. I guess I will be paying a call to the genius bar. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

- J

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Before you do that try a restore thru itunes.
    Its a software problem not a hardware.

7. iamshopping thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, AppleJuiced (love the name!). Went to restore and got a message about 4.0.1 update being available so I updated and voila...problem solved!