Can't compress (.zip) a file

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jmbill, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jmbill macrumors member

Hi,

I'm trying to compress (.zip) a RapidWeaver theme to email. The theme is a package of other files and folders including images, stylesheets and scripts. There are no other compressed files within this package or Flash files.

When the file has been saved to my desktop, I right click and select "Compress" from the menu. The progress bar gets about 2 thirds along and just freezes. Evidently there is a corrupt file or something in this package, because I have never had this problem before. The package is only 1.6MB in size.

There are about 150 files in this theme. I have looked for any suspect messages in Console.app to try and work out which file is corrupt or causing the problem. But nothing seems to be shown?

If I compress the RapidWeaver theme as a GZip file using TarPit, it works fine. But this does not solve the issue of somebody else trying to compress the sent file and hitting the same problem.

So my question is how can I work out which file in the package is causing the error?

2. `mishimasan` macrumors newbie

I'm also getting this error!

Can anyone help?

3. LPZ macrumors 65816

Probably, but you need to tell us what exactly is happening to you. The more detail, the better.