Can't connect iPad 2 to Airport

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tymime, Apr 24, 2013.

1. tymime macrumors newbie

I'm trying to share my Ethernet connection on my iMac to my iPad via Airport. I've tried every setting I can think of, every piece of advice that Google brings up, even entering IP addresses etc. manually. Nothing works.
    I can get Airport to say that it's connected, but the iPad won't connect to the internet at all. Sometimes it will try to load a webpage or the app store, but then later it will just say that it's not connected again.

The most frustrating part is that it worked perfectly yesterday.

2. Legios macrumors regular

A lot of times when connecting to "Free" wifi you have to acknowledge the connection by agreeing to terms generally on a web pages. Are you doing that?

3. tymime thread starter macrumors newbie

...I'm sorry, what? I've never had to "agree to terms on a webpage" to use the internet. My connection isn't free either- it's provided by my cable service.

4. tymime thread starter macrumors newbie

5. tymime thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it make any difference whether or not I have a wi-fi router? I don't have one, but it sure didn't seem to need it the first day.

I'm desperate for an answer. I've only had this thing for a few days, and I spent over $300 for it. I don't want to be stuck only being able to do a few tiny things on it.
    Especially since I'd been saving up for it for years, and wanted to use it for drawing in conjunction with Air Display- I'm seeking work as an artist, and I hoped that this thing would help me.

6. tymime thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind. The crazy thing randomly decided that it can connect to the internet again. We finally got Air Display.

No thanks to anyone here...