Resolved Can't Connect Old Bluetooth Keyboard to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by faroZ06, Oct 8, 2012.

1. faroZ06, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

Deleted because I realized that this keyboard won't work with iOS. But people still have this problem with newer keyboards.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

When it comes to issues like this, I usually go to the Apple Store and have one of the floor people see if they can troubleshoot even without an appt. And almost always they get the issue solved. Are you near an Apple Store?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That keyboard is not supported by iOS. Of Apple's, only the mid-2007 aluminum ones and newer are.

4. faroZ06 thread starter macrumors 68040

faroZ06

No, my model is supported: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4112
    All Bluetooth keyboards should be equal anyway, right?

----------

Yes, I am. Though it's going to be annoying to go there. It seems like a really obscure bug that Apple hasn't bothered to fix since it's been there for a long time. I doubt that they're going to be able to figure it out within a reasonable amount of time, but I'll give it a shot once I can. I am confident that this is a bug that just has to be fixed, but there has to be a workaround because it works for some.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

See bolded:

6. faroZ06 thread starter macrumors 68040

faroZ06

WHAT? How the heck did I read that 6 times to be sure and not see that? Well, that sucks.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It does suck. Those keyboards are really nice. If you jailbreak, you can use the Bluetooth Keyboard application in Cydia to connect it. It uses the BTstack instead of iOS' Bluetooth stack.