can't connect the Internet thru AEBS wirelessly

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by panda84, Aug 13, 2009.

1. panda84 macrumors newbie

Yesterday, I updated my AEBS to the firmware 7.4.2. After that I can't connect to the Internet through AEBS using airport in my MBP any more. I can still using the Internet thru the Ethernet port (also thru AEBS) but not by airport. It happens to every other devices at our office such as: iPhone, Nokia e71, iPod Touch...

It shows that we still connect to the AEBS, but with self assigned IP.

my MBP is updated to the latest patch of Leopard (10.5.8 and the update after that) and can connect by airport to other network not using AEBS normally. Could anyone help me in this situation or have experienced the same thing and got the solution?

Thanks in advance.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

3. panda84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. multiple times actually.
    This happened after I updated to 10.5.8, but at that time, other devices other than my MBP still could connect to the Internet.
    But when I updated the patch 2 days ago, none can connect to the Internet anymore. I didn't change any of the settings though.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

I would try a hard reset. Hold the reset button on your AEBS for about 10-30 seconds and set it back up the way you originally had it. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest introducing another wireless client into your network and see if the problem persists. I'd also suggest connecting your MBP to somebody else's AEBS if that is possible. If you find that the AEBS is to blame in this situation, and if you have AppleCare, try calling Apple. Or if you have an Apple Store in your area, try making a Genius Bar appointment and see if they can resolve the issue.

5. panda84 thread starter macrumors newbie