Can't connect through airport extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by harry*333, Jun 28, 2010.

1. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I just recently came back from vacation, before I left I shutdown my iMac, airport extreme(old white round model), and dsl modem. My Internet and airport extreme has been working fine for years. Now when I try and connect it gives me a message saying "The internet Connection is currently in use by another computer(IP address) Please enter your DSL account password to switch the Internet connection to this computer" then there's a button that says "obtain connection". When I follow the directions it takes me to a page that tells me I'm now connected(now I'm connected, but it doesn't connect on any other computer). Also on the second page is a button that says "release connection" with instructions that say it will allow me to share the connection with other computers on the network. When I click that it tells me that I am connected and am able to connect on other computers. No matter what I do I can't connect on more than one computer it always gives me the first message, I can switch the connection to any computer.

Note: I have earthlink pppoe, and all these messages have an earthlink logo and are an HTML page, it adds rcr.htm to the end of whatever page I was trying to view, for example www.google.com/rcr.htm

2. harry*333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry*333

here are some screen shots of the annoying messages

Attached Files:

3. harry*333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry*333

Well after working on this since 8 this morning it finally works