Can't connect to a Time Capsule using MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Phil Lee, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I am testing MobileMe out to see if I want to subscribe to it. Everything has been working fine until I came to test Back to my Mac. I have enable BTMM on my iMac and MacBook Pro and activated file sharing and screen sharing. I have entered my MobileMe details into my Time Capsule and enabled File Sharing in it.

I have been able to connect to my iMac from my MacBook Pro over the internet. Whilst connected I could browse the disk and access screen sharing. I was also able to wake the iMac up. I was using a mobile broadband dongle on my MacBook Pro and was not connected to the local wifi during testing.

I then tried connecting to my Time Capsule which was shown in the Shared section of Finder. After a couple of minutes, I got the message "The server TimeCapsule may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.".

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can connect to my Time Capsule?

2. Playgear macrumors regular

I'm assuming you added yourself in the preferences in Airport Utility?

Attached Files:

3. dbluedevil99 macrumors newbie

Can't connect

So I have this same problem as described by the original poster. I can see my Time Capsule in the "Shared" section of Finder, but cannot connect. I get the same message as described by the original poster. Does anyone have any insight on how to get this to work?

4. lalajoe macrumors newbie

have to bring this thread back to life…

i have the exact same problem. I can see the Time Capsule in Shares, but i am not able to connect to it. Getting the same error message as mentioned above.

Did you fix it?