can't connect to airport extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by josta, Oct 23, 2008.

1. josta macrumors member

Hi all,
    I am trying to set up our airport extreme with our new service. We had comcast before, and have comcast now. We have a macbook and a mbp
    The modem they sent me is working, I can connect it to our macbook directly.
    The modem into the airport extreme, then connect by ethernet to the macbook works fine. So to my knowledge, the airport extreme is working?
    I set the airport extreme up with the same password as before. Both the macbook and mbp see the signal, and there is a green light on the airport extreme, however neither computer can connect to the wireless signal (even when I am sitting right in front of it with a computer).
    Any ideas on what the problem may be? The mbp can not read the ethernet line from the airport express (which I think is totally weird since the macbook can). I thought I had everything set up the same, but clearly something is different....
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. MacLovin78 macrumors regular

Try this: unplug aebs. Take a pen and press the reset button for 30 seconds or something like that on the comcast cable modem. Let the cable modem reboot. This should renew your lease. Once the comcast modem has completely rebooted restart the aebs. Now see if you are able to get on the internet. I had to do this when I first set up my aebs.