Can't Connect to App Store Via Ethernet (Can via WiFi)

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dyee178, Oct 7, 2016.

1. dyee178 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm having the most frustrating issue and I can't seem to resolve it, even after speaking with multiple apple and ATT reps.

I updated to Mac OS Sierra. After doing so, I found that I was not able to access (1) Apple app store, and (2) Twitter desktop app while connected by hard-wire ethernet. The Apple Store just shows a grey screen with the App store logo. Twitter gives me a message that it could not connect.

However, when I connect by WiFi using the same internet connection, I can access both the App store and Twitter as usual.

I have called Apple and ATT U-Verse multiple times and just keep getting punted to the other. No one seems to be able to help me. One of the Apple people I spoke to said the issue was on U-Verse's side and could potentially be a port issue. But when I spoke to U-Verse they said that everything looks normal on their end and it should not be a port issue since I can access by Wifi.

Since I am not very tech savvy, this is very frustrating to me!

Any help or guidance would be so appreciated!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Probobly not the problem but go to Systems Preferences: Network and in the left column make sure Ethernet is above WiFi and both are Green (Conected).