Can't connect to appstore/itunes through wifi. Cellular works though.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Anastasio, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Anastasio macrumors newbie

So, I have an issue that hopefully someone can help me with, but feel like I already know the answer.

My gf and I live in an apartment complex where there is free wifi. It's actually really fast, did a test not to long ago showing 18mb/s download speed. Both her and I are not able to connect to itunes or the appstore while our phones are connected to the wifi. But, we can connect to both of them when we just use our cellular connection. That's not really a big deal though.

The problem comes from when I try to use iTunes on my Windows 7 x64. I get an error that says: "Itunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection times out."

I've tried all the things in the troubleshooting articles here on apple's website and still nothing. I can access all of apples websites, but nothing with iTunes. Since it's happening with both my computer and our iPhones when connected to the buildings router, I am guessing it's an issue with the router. I'll call the office up on Monday, but figured I'd see if anyone had some tips on this.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like that wifi might have some ports blocked that disable communication with Apples servers.
    If your phone and computer connects to Apple fine on other wifi's and by using carrier data then its that particular wifi network.