Can't connect to extensions.apple.com on my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DramaLLama, Mar 5, 2011.

1. DramaLLama, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

DramaLLama macrumors 6502

It loads up (although the page looks like it's loading wrong..) on my Windows 7 computer in the house.

I get the "can't connect to server" whenever I try to load up the page from my MBP though. Any ideas what this could be? All other pages I try to load work fine.

edit: It loads on google chrome on my windows PC.. but not with safari on the windows PC.. and it doesn't load with either chrome or safari on my MBP

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I can't connect to extensions.apple.com either. Same on my MBP (Safari and Chrome) and Windows 7 machine (IE9, Chrome and Firefox). I think it's a problem with Apple/Akamai.

3. gabriella36 macrumors newbie

Safari extensions

I can't access it either. Having the same exact problem: MBP + Safari. Chrome it loads but looks funny.

:mad:

4. EnialusMeliamne macrumors member

Extensions

+ 1 for no access. Picked a bad day to migrate back to Safari from Chrome apparently.

5. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

happening to me to.

workaround: google safari extensions, view the "cached" page, find the one you are after, click the "download now" button, it will download the extension to the download folder, drag that file into safari and it installs fine.

6. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip I got some extensions I wanted doing this!