Can't Connect To Internet on Ethernet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by audiodan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. audiodan macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I think this happened when I upgraded to Leopard, but never checked. I can connect to my home network over airport, but not ethernet. All settings are correct, went through the diagnostics, but can't figure it out. Anyone know what's up?

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

What do your TCP/IP settings look like when you are on Airport and on Ethernet. I assume you are connecting with DHCP are you getting 192.168.1.xxx addresses for your IP when connecting via Ethernet?

The more information you can provide the faster we can try to diagnose the problem.

3. audiodan thread starter macrumors newbie

It says Ethernet is not connected, but when I connect to Airport it says :

IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.103
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.0.1

4. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

OK, Is it saying Ethernet is not connected when an ethernet cable is plugged in? Or is this when running wireless? What happens when you plug an Ethernet cable in (if it's not already)?

5. audiodan thread starter macrumors newbie

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

OK, then it's either a dead ethernet port (on the router or your Mac), OS driver issue, or a bad cable. (nothing like narrowing a problem down)

Do you have any other computers that you can use to verify that the wired connection is indeed working?

When you installed Leopard did you do an upgrade, clean, or archive & install?

7. audiodan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I figured out it was a bad cable, it just stopped working I suppose. Odd.