Can't connect to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rtr, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Rtr macrumors newbie

All of the sudden iTunes stopped recognizing my iPhone. I uninstalled iTunes and then reinstalled (from admin account, Windows 7 home premium).

During installation i get an error that says "an error occurred during the installation of assembly "policy .8.0.Microsoft VC80.CRT.Type...." If I click "ok" right away the install rolls back, if I wait a bit the install continues, then when I open iTunes it says "Apple Mobile Device Support needs to be reinstalled" or something and it won't recognize my iPhone. I have tried installting just AMDS and it gives the same error as well as saying it can't start the AMDS service.

Have tried removing and reinstalling .net framework (same error), installing just apple application support first (installs fine) then doing itunes (same error), or doing apple application support then mobile device support (same error). Have also tried removing and reinstalling the visual C++ thing from MS to no avail. Have run Windows Update as well and still have the error. Any ideas?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Which version of Windows do you have, 32-bit or 64-bit?

3. Rtr thread starter macrumors newbie