Cant Connect To Itunes!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j.bond312, Feb 24, 2008.

1. j.bond312 macrumors newbie

Hello guys,
    I have searched aswell and couldnt find anything.

Basically, i have had no problems with Itunes so far, yet all of a sudden i am now getting the error message
    "Itunes could not connect to the Itunes store. The host is down. Make sure your network connection is active and try again"

There is no problem with my network connection, i have also tried to access the itunes store via another computer on my network and it works fine, so it cant be a problem with the itunes store.

Any ideas?

2. Dstewart macrumors newbie

same problem

did you find a fix? I have reset Safari, run disk utility, repaired permissions, and reinstalled iTunes, still getting the same error - host down. Would appreciate if you could share your solution.

thanks,

3. j.bond312 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, yeh somehow i cant remember exactly how i went about doing it, but the port was being blocked and i couldnt connect to the itunes server.

I'm not sure what port it was, but ask around and see if you can unblock it and it should work although im still confused as to how it was being blocked in the first place.

4. Dstewart macrumors newbie

Another Answer

learned from the Mac tech folks that system 10.5.2 is buggy and causing a lot of unpredictable problems. I created a new user account and ITunes worked fine, ended up having to delete my primary account (remember to copy your home folder and ITunes music) and then copied my old home folder contents and music library into the new account. Everything works fine now, for some reason the account became corrupted and it only affected access to Itunes and software update. Thanks for your reply, hope the above saves someone else some time.