Cant connect to my wifi (HELP)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by im-loving-it, Mar 26, 2014.

1. im-loving-it, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014

im-loving-it macrumors member

please help,

Im at home and got an imac Apple IMAC A1208 17 Inch. snow leopard

I usually switch it on and it automatically connects to my home router with wifi and start using internet no problem but this morning when i switched it on it wont connect to it and says connection timeout :(

I tried:

- switched on my ps3 and go use internet no problem
    - right now im using my macbook pro to type this and go use internet wifi no problem.

please someone help....i tried resetting my router but its the same thing, anyone? :(

2. im-loving-it thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE..

It just some how connected but it gets slow sometimes, anyone reply? :(

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You haven't told us which router and which ISP. Those two bits of data might be helpful.

In a situation where 2 out of 3 devices connects with "no problem" makes me inclined to "fix" the third device. Sometimes fixing involves debugging. I have found with OSX that simply doing an archive and install is the quickest fix. This sort of brute force approach on a Windows box might require days of effort but on OSX, it is a process that can run mostly unattended. You simply boot from the OS install DVD or USB stick or recovery partition and pick install (on newer versions of OSX) or archive and install (on older versions of OSX). Of course it is always important to have a backup. I recommend using Time Machine to a local USB or Firewire disk along with another method such as Carbon Copy Cloner or Crashplan.