Can't Connect To Network Drives

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nim6us, Jul 9, 2013.

1. nim6us macrumors member

nim6us

I was connecting fine previously, I've got two other Windows computers in the house. I had to reset the PRM and SMC, and I don't believe in coincidences, now for some reason I can't connect to my Windows computers. The internet works, I can RDC into them, they even show up under my Servers area. However when I click on either of them it tries to connect and then times out. Very frustrating, I don't know what I broke, please help.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

You've tried Go->connect to server->SMB://(computer name) ??

3. nim6us thread starter macrumors member

nim6us

@squeeks Yes I tried that method as well same result, as well as the faithful, shutdown and restart.. no dice.

As some additional information, when I'm in the Server window when it's trying to connect if I click "Connect As" it's non-responsive. Again, frustrating because it was working great!

4. nim6us thread starter macrumors member

nim6us

No replies either mean the problem is incredibly complex and no one knows the answer, or the problem is very simplistic and people aren't even wasting time to address it. I'll test again when I get home, I hope it's the latter. ;)

5. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Try connecting to them via IP address instead of hostname, see if that makes any difference. If that works then you'll know it's something to do with hostname resolution.