Can't Connect to Samba Share After Suspending

Discussion in 'macOS' started by weizilla, Jan 12, 2010.

1. weizilla macrumors regular

Whenever I suspend my mac (10.6) while it's connected to any samba shares, after I unsuspend my computer, it can't access the shares. If I try to access the host or shares again, it just says "Connecting..." the whole time and nothing happens. This also occurs if I disconnect the host and try to connect to it again.

So far, the only way to solve this seems to be rebooting my mac. However, when this problem occurs, my mac cannot shutdown property and just hangs during the shutdown screen and I have to hard reboot it with the button. I'm worried this will cause long term problems like hard drive corruption or such.

I've also tried to kill the Finder but after I do so, it won't start back up automatically. When I click on the Finder icon in the dock, it just throws an 10810 error.

Any ideas about my problem?

2. quimming macrumors newbie

I just got my iMac after using Windows for 10+ years and I have the same issue. Any resolutions?

3. bosp7 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problems. I need to be able to connect to samba shares on my linux server, but end up having to reboot my mac at least once a day. I've seen Windows Vista machines that don't have to be rebooted this much.

4. mklnz macrumors regular

I searched around and found nothing conclusive. I have the exact same problem.

After waking up my MBP, I try to connect to the same share but it would not connect no matter how long I wait...

Then I try a restart but it hangs during reboot / shutdown forever. I have to hold power down for a hard reset.

5. retsil macrumors newbie

Unmount before disconnect

My workaround is to unmount all SMB devices before disconnecting the network connection (i.e suspending).

I have found this quite annoying as it seems to affect all flavours of samba I have come across.

Is there something in the samba config which could fix this? All I see in the logs is a connect as user and then a client disconnect straight after. The OSX client just hangs for a few minutes and then aborts on connection error.

Alternatively, is there another way for OSX to mount to get around the problem.