Cant connect to the network wirelessly

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AssafTM, Jul 2, 2011.

1. AssafTM macrumors newbie

I installed Windows 7 on my iMac (2011) and i cant get the wireless connection to work on windows... Can anyone Help Me Out?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers after the install was completed?

B

3. Lou142 macrumors member

Connecting to wireless

I just experienced the same issue - I installed windows xp pro via bootcamp. I couldn't connect to my wireless router (time capsule). I'm using a macbook pro (2007) 3,1 running snow leopard. The first thing I made sure of was that I installed the snow leopard cd into my computer, while in windows xp, in order to install the available drivers from the cd.

Then....

I ultimately connected to my wireless network at home (time capsule) by downloading all the microsoft updates, then downloading the updates for bootcamp, and then by downloading the updates to airport utility. These are the steps that allowed me to connect to my wireless network. I'm not sure how these would apply to you.

Hope this helps in some way.