Can't connect to wireless network.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by you-of-eh, Apr 4, 2011.

1. you-of-eh macrumors member

I'm in my University residence and all of sudden I can't get a wireless connection. Airport is actually picking up the network and when I go to network preferences it says I'm connected. But I can't get on any sites. But then again sometimes airport isn't connected and can't find any networks (even though they are most certainly there). The same network is working for my roommate. I can connect via ethernet. Tried all three of my browsers, none can connect to a site via wifi. It has been working for months up until now. Didn't have any accidents with my MBP. Tried restarting. Haven't tried any other wireless networks because there isn't any I could try but like I said its working fine for my roommate. But sometimes it will work randomly for a while then cut out.

Any one have any ideas? What are the steps I have to take to get to the bottom of this? I bought my MBP about 9 months ago and I don't have applecare, I don't really want to pay to talk on the phone to the apple people. Can I just go to the apple store with my Mac and ask them to take a look at it?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Call the Apple store with the free Google voice Gmail program.

3. movieboy23 macrumors regular

Make sure your computer has the most up-to-date drivers and software updates. Next delete the network profile (found under System Preferences -> Network), then try reconnecting to the network and see if that does anything.

Otherwise, drop by the Apple Store.